We send out our deepest condolences and prayers to the loved ones of the five people killed in the tragic accident at the Indiana State Fair on Saturday, August 13th, moments before [mp3com-artist]Sugarland[/mp3com-artist] was to take the stage for their Incredible Machine Tour. See coverage of the Memorial Service, meet the victims and watch heroes in action!
See live video of the stage crashing here.
Hundreds were in attendance this morning at the Memorial Service for the victims:
- Christina Santiago, 29, managed programming for the Lesbian Community Care Project at Howard Brown Health Center in Chicago and was recently named to the Windy City Times’ “30 Under 30″ list, according to Taste of Country.
- According to The Journal Gazette of Fort Wayne, Ind,. Alina Bigjohny, 23, majored in English and education at Manchester College and was just hired to teach seventh grade at a school in Muncie.
- Tammy Vandam, a 41-year-old single mother from Wanatah, Ind.
- Glenn Goodrich, a 49-year-old security employee from Indianapolis. According to the Indy Star, reports are that Glenn pushed a child to safety, before his death.
- Nathan Byrd, 51 of Indianapolis. According to MSNBC, Nathan was working on top of the rigging when it fell. He died overnight at Methodist Hospital of injuries sustained, according to his mother who is interviewed here by WRTV.
Here is footage, immediately following the crash, of the many heros pitching in to help those who were trapped:
To see a complete timeline of preceding and post tragedy, visit The Journal Gazette here.